Wednesday, October 20, 2010

VOTE OR DIE!

I'D RATHER DIE, THANKS!

But in all seriousness I will not be participating in the Toronto Mayoral Elections.  To me politics are all about marketing and who's the more convincing liar, most of these guys don't care about our city as much as they let on and half the things politicians promise never get done anyways, and on top of that, debates are used as oppourtunities to get at other opponents personally, if I wanted to see drama I'd watch Jersey Shore.  The one issue I think needs to be dealt with immediately is public transit aka the TTC, it is one of the most common ways of transportation around the city and the service is just ridiculous sometimes.



-NIKKIBELLSAYS...

4 comments:

  1. I understand and respect your opinion on the matter.
    That said- when the city faces a problem, keep in mind that you didn't cast a vote, so you'd really have no right to complain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately regardless of who you elect, there will be problems, Super Mayor doesn't exist...
    Politicians get to choose what issues they want to deal with, suppose there's a problem that none of the candidates care about, but it really bothers me? pretty sure I'd still reserve the right to complain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, politicians are the ones who choose which problems to deal with.
    and we're the ones who choose the politician to elect for mayor.
    other than that, I don't quite see the point of that argument.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My point is a certain issue may be important to me but not to ANY of the people running for Mayor, therefore reagrdless of who I was to vote for my issue would not be solved, which would grant me the right to complain.
    Same as if all candidates are fighting for issues I don't care about, why vote if what they stand for doesn't appeal to me?

    ReplyDelete